Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Plan

For my senior capstone, my plan is to write a short blog entry about each piece we read in ENG 445. For the blog stage of this project, I simply want to make note of the most prominent impressions I get initially from each piece before talking about them in class--just my unbiased thoughts based on reading the piece in a very stream-of-consciousness fashion. I may also note things the texts make me think of or remind me of, include pictures, or compare them to other things I've read in the past; but mostly, I will point to excerpts or quotes from the texts that particularly strike me. At the end of this process, I am going to review all of the aspects I've noticed about the works as a whole and look for any patterns that may arise or a commonality between most of my thoughts regarding them. I am hoping to reach a personal conclusion regarding the class theme of "After Dark" and expand on it in a final paper, tying all the works we have covered in class together. I will title each blog entry with the title and author name for simplicity's sake.

1 comment:

  1. Caitlyn, this project looks GREAT and I'm really excited to see how things develop and how you start to trace threads through our class texts. I'm finding it fascinating to read through these posts. Keep the good work up!

    Best,
    Dr. Renzi

    ReplyDelete